Home Contact Photos About Me Image Map

Saturday 21 September 2013

Evening Skincare Routine

Good Evening!

For my first proper post I thought I would start with the basics, my skincare basics I mean. I used to be one of those girls who would either not bother to take off my make up at the end of the day, or if I did bother I would use a face wipe and think that would do!

All that changed however, after I saw the Pixiwoo Body talk video with Caroline Hirons.
If you would like to see the video, which I highly recommend you do! Please click here.
In it Caroline, who is in my humble opinion a skin care goddess, quoted my favourite and the funniest lines ever regarding face wipes.

 "face wipes are for Fanny's, flights and festivals"
 
After hearing these wise words and also going and devouring her blog Beauty Mouth. I told myself I would turn over a new leaf and begin a new skin care regime that actually focused on taking care of my skin.
As Caroline also very rightly points out, we only get one face so we should look after it!

So with out further ado, here are the products I am using and the routine :-




  • First I take a clean flannel and leave it sat under a hot running tap (I have mixer taps so I let a little cold run through so its not too hot).
  • I then take a small blob of my Clinique Take The Day off Cleansing Balm and massage it into my face. First I take it all over my eyes to remove my eye make up and then to the rest of my face.
  • I take the flannel that has been sat under the running water and use this to wipe of all the cleansing balm making sure to keep rinsing it off under the running tap.
  • Once I think its all off I do my second cleanse, this is important to do if you have been wearing make up or SPF. I use the Ren Clearcalm3 Anti-blemish Clay Cleanser as my skin is blemish prone.
  • I rinse my flannel (still with the hot tap) and use it again to wipe of all the cleanser. My skin now feels soft clean and most importantly not tight as I haven't stripped it of all its natural oils.
  • Next I use an exfoliating toner, at the moment I am using the Pixi Glow Tonic which I'm really enjoying it smells fab and I have seen a real difference since I started using it! All I do is pump two or three times onto a large cotton pad and wipe it all over my face, especially concentrating on my problem areas of chin and nose.
  • I then use a hydrating toner put some moisture back into my skin, I have been using the La Roche Posay Serozinc I give my face a quick spray before I start to layer on my serums and moisturisers.
  • I first apply my eye cream, I have been using a mini Clinique All About Eyes that I got with a gift with purchase from boots a while ago. 
  • Next is my serum, I am using a tester of the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronised Recovery Complex II which I have been really liking. I normally use the original version, but will definitely be purchasing the new formula when the tester and my original formula bottle is all gone.
  • After my serum has sunk in, I then put on some Indeed Labs Hydralauron which helps lock moisture into your skin. This is another addition that has made a marked improvement to my skins texture and look and is on a continuous re-purchase list.
  • Finally I put on my night moisturiser, I am using the Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Night Cream. I like this but when I have used it up I will be looking to try something new as I like to switch things up every now and then.
Phew that was a long one if you have made it this far thanks for sticking with me!

This routine may seem like it takes a long time but it only takes me 5-10 minutes. One important note I forgot is to make sure your flannel in clean,  I achieve this by using a fresh flannel each night as this helps reduce any problems with bacteria on the flannel.

Please let me know if you use any of the products I have mentioned and what your own thoughts are, if you can suggest any replacements you swear by or if you would like an in depth review with swatch's etc of any of the products I use.

I think that's all for now its getting late and my routine is waiting for me!

I will see you all soon thanks again for reading.

Heather xx

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. You've made me want to crack open some serums and cleansing balms ive neglected and get into a proper routine. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you that means a lot. Let me know how you get on it really has made a difference to my skin getting into this routine :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great post!!! How do you wash your face cloths after using them? With the laundry?
    Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry my reply is in the comment below! :)

      Delete
  3. Hiya, yep just in the normal wash is fine I think I do do a hot wash if I am doing towels etc but other than that just a normal wash. I bought a load from primark so have enough to use over a week and a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline is literally a goddess! I have a similar routine to you-my first cleanse is first Rodial Glamtox balm then Alpha H gel cleanser, double tone with Michael Todd then Melvita hydrating toner, eye cream is Estée Lauder and then on alternative nights I use a facial oil, Alpha H or a cream from origins. I love skincare posts! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is, love her straight talking and funny quips and the advise is always spot on! I think I am going to go for the Estee Lauder eye cream next as I will be getting the serum so may as well try that as well have you done a review I could read?:) Which facial oil do you use? I have the trilogy Rosehip Oil which I really like but want to try others. I have really got into skincare since dicovering Caroline I will be doing a morning routine and an added extras with the treatments and masks I use too soon :) Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete